CFIA Bargaining Conference ends with negotiating team and contract demands in place
A highly-successful Bargaining Conference for the Agriculture Union’s Canadian Food Inspection Agency members wrapped up in Ottawa on January 28.
Delegates to the three-day Ottawa meeting spent much of their time prioritizing the various contract demands submitted by our CFIA Locals across the country.
As shown in the accompanying photo, our negotiating team was also selected. Team members, with their alternates in brackets, are as follows:
- Atlantic – Rick Cormier (Don Bouchard);
- Quebec – Jacques Rousseau (Jacqueline Carrier);
- Ontario – Richard Hilson (Richard Brady);
- NCR – Marlene O’Neil (Mike Cottingham);
- Manitoba – Eryn Butterfield (Barb Kristjansson);
- Saskatchewan – Karen Zoller (Jessie Todd);
- Alberta – Randy Olynyk (Herhald Mark); and
- B.C. – Terri Lee (Alvin Wong).
Equally important, Conference delegates also discussed plans for mobilizing all CFIA members in the run-up to the formal start of contract talks.
We will continue to update members as the bargaining process unfolds.